1.12.2014

Adjusting to the routine

The view is fantastic!  Kids running around, drooling with giggles, and just being kids, busy kids!!
I am adjusting to each child since they are all so different but love each other, most of the time
when they aren't stealing each others toys or breaking what we made out of legos.  Jose is 4,
Christian is 3, Dulce and Milton are 2, Rue (Ruth) is 10 months, and little Rosa is 6 months.
Obviously I am not enjoying a baby one bit :)  Alissa- I have my own little baby Lola and Larkin
here to love on!!  I have fallen in love 6 times over and know they will steal my heart more as
time goes on.. Christian calls me Ma Ma which makes me smile.  Today during lunch I was
winking at him and crossing my eyes while he attempted to do it back at me… It looked more like a Flynn Rider look; Kyle Te Stroete, you need to come teach him!  Milton has the absolute most contagious laugh and has learned to play, Milton es SOOOO BIG, throwing his hands up until you tickle him repeatedly!!  Dulce is still not totally sure about me but she has let me feed her so she can study me.  Jose is a go getter although Mom has put her teaching and mothering skills to work with him, coloring, puzzles, reading books, dancing, singing!  He just loves to smile and is all boy!  Ruth is little miss Diva she likes to scoot around and it will not be long before she is running around and running the show!!  She has chunky cheekers that beg to be kissed all the time, not that I mind one bit!!  Rosa is a dolly and is very content to just be and watch everyone else run around!  She loves to snuggle and fell asleep on me today!  I love all the wet kisses and tight hugs I am receiving all the time!

This morning even thru the language barrier we had plenty of laughs while I was trying to
describe my family, house, and career to them… They can’t understand that I can miss school
for 3 months and I’m at a loss for words on how to exactly describe it!  Jennifer, 19, and Dalia,
20, also decided looking at my family picture we had plenty of room in the picture to add 2 more adopted girls… THEM!!  They said Vamos!!  Snow cold and all!!!  Especially when I told them the boys were muy guapo and muy alto, Jennifer was definitely blushing.  The wonderful ladies have welcomed me right in!  They have a rotation of 5 ladies… They stay for 2 days but a new lady leaves and one comes every day… hard to describe.  Dalia comes everyday from 8-4 and she is a sweetheart!!  I was working with her and Morella yesterday on English!!  They are eager to learn because all the books are in English so then they can read to the children instead of listening with them!!  Today they decided to have me help them make tortillas and so they put an apron on me to make me look official but it didn't help my skills… I do not know what the secret is but I was not very good!  Dalia told me I have 3 months to learn - glad she has
faith in me :)  Lots of laughter but they are the most patient teachers with a slow student :)

God has truly blessed me with a spirit of contentment already and  eased my fears.  I am
learning to love how he loves unconditionally and even when I am tired I know he is just a pray
away for me to call out to him and he gives me strength I need to go on or patience when I don’t
exactly know what one of the children is trying to tell me.  This morning my devotion was about
trusting in him and relinquishing my control to him because he has placed me here because I
was receptive to him and my deepest desire was to trust him fully.  Also learning to pray placing
my concerns at his feet then thanking him for an answer I have not yet received but still thanking
him for giving me the answer in his timing according to his beautiful and perfect will.  He is my
strength and helper.  I know I am never alone and what a refreshing thought that is!  I appreciate
all your prayers as I journey on falling more and more in love with my Father in Heaven and who
he wants me to be.

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Scott, Sally, Katie, Kyle, and Brooke! We read this aloud at the dinner table today. So nice to be able to stay in touch with you this way. Kyle smiled and gave us the "look". Glad to hear things are going well! I'm sure those kids love you as much as you love them! Prayers for your continued journey! I'm sure we'll hear a lot of stories from your mom and dad this week! Blessings! Love, S S K K & B TS

    ReplyDelete