1.16.2014

Motherhood and Mosquitoes

Yes I am a mother figure at least mostly to 6 kids but mainly to one beautiful little girl!  Rosa.  She has claimed me and I don’t mind it one bit!  The last 2 days she hasn't been feeling so well those nasty teeth are beginning to come in and her favorite and only place to sleep is in my arms so right now as I type she is all bundled up sleeping in my lap.  I even tried to lay her down twice which lasted all of 2 minutes before she fussed.   I know most mothers are shaking their heads but she didn't sleep well last night according to Jennifer who slept in their room.  I have the easy part of just the daytime and at night I rock her to sleep and go to my own room.  If I had my way I would have a crib in my room so we would never be apart even if she kept me up half of the night!!  I love her so much and we have only been together for a week!  She came only 3 days before I arrived at the base and only God could orchestrate a timing like that.  All the other kids call me Raquel but the workers refer to me as Rosa’s Mama :)  Which I like!!  Jose always wants books read to him and everyone always seems to want to join the party of course!  Milton tends to scream anytime something doesn't go quite right but no worries it only last for about 10 seconds before he is back on his merry way again!  Christian is an awesome listener and last night during supper we practice me saying, “Stick “em UP!” and he would put his hands in the air giggling then it was
my turn to do the same!  I do get tired of saying no or get out of my room but I love these kids so
much and as they continue to grow and respond to me more I am the one who is blessed!
God’s children are beautiful in every way and I love learning the quirks of each child’s personality!  When I have to go out with teams as an extra set of hands its going to be hard to be gone for  even just a few hours!

My mom was right when she told me motherhood is the hardest thing you will ever love.  There
are moments I need to make it thru the next 5 minutes because 3 kids are crying one is yelling,
the baby doesn't want to be put down, and another is ripping out pages in a book.  And that's with 3 ladies around to watch!!  Oh but the laughter and good times always outweigh the difficult
ones!!!

The mosquitoes are having hayday on my legs.  I counted over 50 bites this morning and woke up during the night because they were so itchy!!  I wear pants and today started with bug spray
anything to get them to quit eating me simply because I am sweet blooded :)  But their could
always be something worse.  The ladies can’t believe how many red bumps I have cover my
legs and now my hands….  They laugh as I spread anti itch all over my legs like lotion!!  Its pretty funny!!  God is teaching me patience and unconditional love.  I am pouring myself out for the kids and HE continues to fill me back up every night so I can get up and do it all over again in the morning!!  I have HIM to rely on each and every day and as a mother figure HE is all I need everyday.  He tells me to rely on him every moment even when I can’t seem to understand why all I need to do is say Okay Lord my life is yours and he continues to blow me away by how HE teaches me and guides me in the right step or puts the right email in my inbox at the right time.  I am so humbled by the support I have and thankful for the prayers offered for me.  Please also pray for Team Maurice as tomorrow begins the house dedications. The gospel is presented to each family and

No comments:

Post a Comment