7.07.2015

Journey of a GOD-Venture r

I have had a stirring in my heart to get back to sharing life thru writing.  It has almost been a year since I last posted but it is time to bring that to a close!  Lots has changed but one thing remains.  I am HIS and HE is mine.  Forever and ever HE is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear?

Let me share one of the most exciting life changing parts of my adventure this last year.  I am getting MARRIED!  And to my best friend!  God truly brought us together and there is no other way around it but to give HIM the glory for what HE is doing thru us!

And it all started with Guatemala... God called me unto HIMSELF breaking my heart as I returned home a little dazed and confused because now my heart was on fire for HIM and I wasn't sure what I was suppose to learn thru it all except to trust HIM in the plan and follow HIS lead in the process.  I made lots of new contacts thru meeting all the teams last year but most were from Michigan so I wasn't able to see them but the very first group was from Maurice Church, right near Sioux Center.  A family and a few young adult ladies were talking about starting a Christian Young Adult (AKA SINGLES) Bible Study in the spring but since I wasn't home I promised to be in touch when I returned home.

Once I returned home I was able to get involved with the group but I was NOT in it to meet anyone let's be clear I wanted to return to Guatemala pretty bad! It was rough trying to adjust but I made awesome friends thru the group and I value that so much!  Now my church also had one of these "groups" but because I work on Monday nights I was never able to go and since Maurice held their's on Wednesday night I was able to attend...

Fast forward a little bit to August.... Maurice was looking for a new Middle School Pastor and the leader of our bible study group was on the search committee because her kiddos are around that age.  I remember being there when he accepted the position, finding out what his name was, and then proceeded to stalk him on Facebook- yup no shame here!

Needless to say I thought he was cute but now I needed to meet him... and Yes I did almost add him as a friend on the Facebook but decided to wait til the day I was able to meet him.  A few weeks after he started we had a Maurice Amazing Race!  I knew he would be there BUT I didn't know it was a set up to be on his team!  Well I have to admit I was a little nervous and tried my hardest to look my best but not too much!

To make an even greater first impression which is the most important I showed up late because I had the wrong time and made the whole group wait.  He was a little impatient and was ready to start without me when in I came and our world's changed forever!  We both instantly loved each other's competitive spirit!  I also learned he is the best listener and paid attention to every little detail I said that night.  I was a little bit regretful because earlier in the day I had gotten my hair cut and claimed I was not going to meet or date anyone for sure for the next 2 years and God laughed at me because HE had other plans, boy am I sure glad he did because I am one blessed woman to be only 102 days away from marrying that same Man I met on October 4, 2014.

To make a longer story shorter, I made my daddy proud and played hard to get but in my heart I already knew he was the one for me!  It makes me all emotional just writing it all out because of how perfectly God had it planned out!  To finish out how we actually started dating is humorous!  He did not get a chance that first night to ask for my number but he did as me on Facebook as a friend- technically he made the first move right?!  BUT I waited oh so very patiently for 2 LONG days and heard nothing from him but knowing me I struck up a chat conversation and we have never looked back!  I did however make him come to the next Wednesday night bible study to get my number and ask me out to dinner!  On that night we talked on the driveway til 1:30 AM... like they say nothing good happens after midnight right?!  :)  well we quickly realized the heart of mission we both had and knew already that our individual adventures were meant to be together!
On February 25, 2015 he got down on one knee and asked me to be his forever!  I can't describe how excited I am to spend the rest of my life by his side and continue to love him forever.  We know now as marriage is under attack that as Christians our focus needs to be on our marriage and serving each other.  Daily we ask the Lord to bless us in the time of waiting to join as one.  We beg HIM to direct our journey and also give us courage to take the steps HE leads us to!  I have been blessed with a God fearing, servant hearted, compassionate, loving, listening, and handsome man that I soon get to call my husband!

Please join us at the foot of the cross and ask God to bless and strengthen marriages around the United States to glorify HIM and have people wanting what we have.

"So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”
 - Matthew 19:6


No comments:

Post a Comment