2.25.2014

New Kids and Crazy Days!


After the first clinic Friday night, I was exhausted from pouring myself out spiritually during the clinic praying for others and holding 3 of the cutest 7-8 year old little girls as they pulled me forward and wanted to accept Jesus into their hearts.  They were crying and I was just weeping.  No matter how many times it happens little kids move me to tears of joy quicker than anyone.  Then hearing them personally ask Jesus into their hearts is a moment I will never forget; the angels in Heaven rejoiced that night!  I was also able to run around and play some soccer but boy did those little boys show us how its done!  Nothing like a huge ravine behind the field either where I seemed to always kick the ball and someone would have to go and get it!   But in the end it was great!

Saturday nights medical clinic was also memorable because we came to the village and were told they did not want to host a clinic anymore... now what?  We all gathered around and began to pray Guatemalan style of course (Everyone prays all together at once)  for this village and also where we were to go from here.  We all loaded up into the vans and headed for a village that was close to the base.  Only 2.3 miles as the crow flies but 45 minutes to drive it.  It was a beaututiful village and we ended up serving almost 60 families at the end of the night.  Their was a woman who was more ahead of the village and I was able to pray the salvation prayer with her!  I was also able to tell her she reminded me of my mama grizzly bear at home.  She was in charge and had a heart of love!  She gave me 2 awesome mom hugs after I explained that I was here for 3 months and missed my mom!  She was wonderful.                                                                      

On Saturday night around 10:45 pm after our second medical clinic.  I was informed we had 2 siblings coming sisters. The older was 5, Evonne, the younger was 2, Sophia.  They arrived around 3 AM.  They were rescued from domestic abuse.  Their parents were drunk.  It was heart breaking hearing a little girl cry out for her mom when I can do nothing but hold her close with tears streaming down my face crying out to the Lord to give me strength and wisdom.  I just wanted to tell her everything will be alright.  She calmed down with a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and a book.  By now it is 4:50 AM Rosa hasn't slept since 1 with all the excitement and I can't sleep either.  I finally got up at 5 and took my baby Rosa got her to fall asleep and she laid in my bed because it was the quietest.  Meanwhile it was Jose who broke the ice.  They pushed his crib next to Evonne and she was giggling at this silly boy.   She was coming around and having the team here and come down to meet both little girls was special.  They had her giggling and cuddling.  She was loving it and is the most polite 5 year old ever.  A beautiful smile and wonderful shining eyes.  Evonne told me she loves Jesus and brought tears to my eyes with how brave and strong she is!  It was a night that made me grateful once again but also changed my heart forever.

Sunday was spent in Antigua and of course I was able to video chat with my family!  It was wonderful to see them and catch up on all the things that were happening.  I was tired because once I knew the kids were coming I slept but I was on edge.  Final devotion night with the team is one of my favorite nights.  It is where you see hearts and lives transformed for Christ and where we are able to really bond as a group.  Watching hearts heal, lives change, and yet others accept and begin their own personal relationship with Christ is a beautiful thing.  Praying with people and having others pray for me is a humbling experience.  I have never felt so blessed and I am always renewed in a new way after every team.  One wise team member told me to "Keep adventuring for God".  I love that saying and can't wait to keep on keeping on with God as my guide and source of strength in everything.

Yesterday it was up at 3 and off to the airport!  Not much sleep once again but I just didn't tell myself that.  The team left on time and arrived home safely!  We got our shopping all finished up and back home we went again.  I was able to finally get to bed at 8 PM!   Nice and early.  I was trying to check emails but of course our power went off so I could have gone to bed earlier but never the less still was able to get a great 10 hours of sleep!

Today makes 8 children as a new baby just arrived.  His name is Oscar Tommy and he was born January 28, 2014.  He is very very very little and I would say around 6 pounds if even that big.  I was the first one to hold and marvel at this beautiful new baby.  My heart melted in a pool on the floor for sure.  My arms are just not large enough to hold all the kids but my heart has plenty of love in it for all of them for sure!  He is absolutely precious and has a sweet little cry since he did not like getting his hand and foot prints done :)  Now it is time to pack the van, do laundry, clean my room, pack my own cloths, and love the kids enough that they won't miss me as I head out once again for construction at San Ramon.  Please pray for the team that arrives tonight.  We are anxious but yet also need continued prayers for strength as we as a staff continue to pour ourselves out.  I can honestly not believe that Febuary is almost over and we will have 2 teams left after this week!  Wow times goes fast when you are content and doing what God called you to do.  I thank you all for your support!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel,
    I am so sad I didn't get to see these wonderful kids!! Make sure when you go back to San Ramon, you say hi to Amalia and Elda! I miss you, and I have been praying that this team will be able to accomplish much!!
    As Jose says, I looove you!!
    Maddie Sikkema

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,
    I look forward to your updates and see how God is growing you in Him. It's strange, but we go to be a blessing to others and God so blesses us and changes our hearts, that they grow and grow in Him and His will and ways. God is so Unfathomable!!! Praying for you and your family daily. God bless you and be gracious to you:)
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete