2.20.2014

What it's Thursday already?!

Where did the time go this week?!  It has gone so fast; I have been busy chasing rambunctious little boys, rocking a precious baby, and walking Miss Dulce around the base to give her fresh air!  I have loved it so much in fact that i have began to wear my favorite Chaco sandals out.  Good thing they have a lifetime warranty!  I wanted to share some pictures from the past week but with slow internet it hasn't worked so instead I will share some humorous stories!

Valentine's Day was wonderful!  The kids, nineras, and myself made a bunch of Valentine's together.  I just sorted about 5 in a pile put a ribbon around it with a Reese's Peanut Butter cup on it and everyone received Valentines before dinner!  The kids were thrilled and just keep looking at all the painted pictures we made.  It was nothing fancy but you could feel the love in the room so neat!

This week we discovered a cart on the patio normally used for hauling medicine boxes after medical clinics but a little let over plywood later we made ourselves a wagon!  Cristian could have pushed that thing all day long around and around even if no one was riding!  Everyone took a turn getting a ride or pushing so cute!  We all love to be outside and enjoying the nice warm sunshine, me more then them but everyone is happy and it tires those energy filled boys right out!

On Monday I built Jose a fort out of blankets and chairs.  He thought it was so cool and played all day in his castle :)  Every time he would take the blankets down just so I had to help him put it all back together!  This morning he was trying to build his own fort in the toy room and he kept on saying all he needed was more cloths because his pillows and pillow cases were not working too well.

Yesterday Jose managed to lock me and the other ninera outside with Rosa, Dulce, and Milton.  And he proceeded to laugh at us and shake his hips as if he was dancing.  Cristian was stuck inside with him so we went up to the top in order to get him to open up the door and let us back in.  What a little smarty pants but that's not all!  I came back from eating lunch and doing some things up in the main base and was going to grab something out of my room but he had locked the door.  And he knew it because I went to find him he just giggled and said, "I love you!"  His famous line for when he is naughty!  Luckily there is windows that I put him thru to unlock the door and allow me to get into my room.  We all share a good laugh at how he keeps us on our toes!

Everyday this week I have taken Dulce for about a 30 - 45 minute walk around the base.  She is a little heavy simply because her cast but she loves being outside and getting fresh air is important.  My arms are tired but her smile and bright eyes are so worth it!  The other boys love to be companions on our walks but they can get into more because they know I only have one hand to grab them or save them from falling.

We have made it a week sitting at the big table in booster seats.  Jose made it one day and he fell off his chair but he figured out you have to sit nice or else that is what happens.  Milton is doing awesome and doesn't throw his food around!  Yay for the small things!!  The ladies agreed that we are more like a family when everyone can sit around the table together.  And we just enjoy sitting around the table longer simply because it gives us a chance to all connect and take a quick breath.

I have remained healthy and really sound like a mom when I say I am tired and the hour from 5-6 PM sometimes seems to take forever with a crabby baby, tired boys, and hungry tummies.  But oh about 3 -4 times a day now we take all our chairs down and sit and color pictures.  It is fun to see how they improve from just wanting to watch to actually coloring an object even if it is outside the lines.  Every little bit counts!!

The team arrives tonight so I will be surrounded by English speakers but I am excited to hear that my Spanish is way better then when I came.   Having to be alone on base has allowed complete emersian and I never thought I would be glad about that!  I learn so much more everyday and can have better more in depth conversations to get to know everyone better.  To them I will always be the crazy American who likes to sing, dance, and is for sure the biggest kid they have to take care of.  A couple of times this week someone would end up crying because we were playing to rough or doing things that were probably not the wisest but I can't help myself!  I will do almost anything to see a smile hear a giggle that means they are happy.  Don't get me wrong they know when I mean business or when they have pushed it to far but we have a great time most moments.

One last thing I can't forget to mention is how wonderful nap time is.  I get to go sit high up on the water tower lookout and daily do my devotions.  Nothing better then a great view, warm sunshine, and the Lord.  I enjoy my quiet moments to draw myself near to him without distractions and gazing at his beautiful creation.  I had an emotional devotion Monday and struggle to learn to trust his promise of holding tomorrow in his hands.  I was walking with Dulce all around the inside of the Orphanage because it was cold and cloudy outside.  I had praise music blaring, singing to it, and dancing to see Dulce smile.  I walked outside and there it was.  A beautiful rainbow.  His promise; a kiss from my Lord; just when I needed it.  Wow what a moment of sheer worship and thanksgiving!  And the best part is there was not a drop of rain anywhere!  Remarkable how if we are aware how he is right there with beautiful signs for us!  Keep your eyes open and your heart ready because he loves us and desires for us to let him bless us!




No comments:

Post a Comment