1.09.2014

Safe and Sound!

We arrived into Guatemala City today at noon!  The weather was much nicer than when we left Iowa!  We drove to base with no problems!   The kids are adorable and full of energy especially the boys who love to play!!  Mom is helping me settle into my room but had to take some time out to hold little Rose who is 6 months old and cute as a button!  She said this is her kind of mission work, even after changing a dirty diaper!  I am getting my use out of all the Spanish I have learned and I play interpreter for my mom... which means she will have a SURPLUS of words to use when she gets home!!  I have to ask all the questions but it takes a few minutes to remember what the words are but it comes back quickly!  Thank goodness my brain is still young! The kiddos go to bed by 7 and are up with the sun at 5!  A little of an adjustment for me who enjoys staying up late and taking naps!!  We are heading to bed now and are grateful to be here safe and sound!  Thank you for all your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. yeah!!! So glad you are there. Thanks for keeping us updated :)
    Larkin told me this afternoon, "Mom, Rachel is in the sky on a big plane."
    Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete