5.22.2014

Stuck in the Middle

Here I am again... waiting, patiently, well not SO patiently... Why do I always look ahead to what I can see at the end of the week rather than looking at the person in my chair in the salon, next to me in the checkout line, sitting at lunch with me.  Do I REALLY know or even want to know how they are doing besides our normal "good" response?  Their is so much more going on in our "good" lives but we don't take the time to share what good it is.. weather bad good or great good.  Relationships are a key to life.  The more I develop the existing friendships the more I long for even deeper things within those relationships.  One key for me not to slip into pity mode is to invest time, energy, and listening ears not just one but BOTH.  I say I am stuck in the middle not in a bad way but in a way that I have relationships here that I know will always be here and family down a few countries away that might not always be there or will constantly be changing.

Yes this weekend was a great relational weekend.  Graduation parties for the class that were just baby freshman when I was a senior; congratulating them on a job well done and whoa I was so humbled by the stories of when I had taken time as the "elder" to listen, laugh, or cry with them.  Class of 2014 I am blessed by you!  A wedding of a very dear and special brotherly friend to an amazing woman!  May God richly bless you as you begin the new chapter together!  And the dance was the best ever with amazing friends!  Then watching commencement as my sister walked across the stage to receive her diploma from a special uncle!  And her awesome party where once again I was able to share my Guatemala experience and just catch up with those I haven't seen in a few months!  It was wonderful to reconnect relationships!  And lastly having to say goodbye to friends as they ventured back after graduation from college, not knowing when I will be able to see them but hopefully sooner than later since I struggle with this patience thing!

I am so blessed and look forward to warmer weather, bonfires, and moving the lawn.  But more importantly building relationships to last and deepening the existing relationships I have.  As I am in the patience zone, God is teaching me to really listen to the answers of :good: and date to ask more of them instead of just settling for an answer I know is only surface level.  I challenge you tomorrow to challenge those you love to be better than good everyday but rather be honest about the real issues high or low going on.  We might all be surprised how admitting the truth will bring us closer.  I know I have sad days and happy days but thru it all I have to remember who it is that I will keep my focus on.. my life is lived for an audience of 1

No comments:

Post a Comment