5.31.2014

Living in the Moment that Lasts for a Lifetime

Ahhh warm weather!! FINALLY!!!!  It sure does wonders on the attitude and a little tan never hurt either!   It has been a great past 2 weeks.  2 amazing weddings two weekends in a row watching friends commit their lives to each other with the Lord as their guide.  Simply a blessing to be the stylist for one of the weddings and walking alongside the bride and the families enjoy the day of celebration!  Laughter and tears of joy and the pride in a father's voice of his love for his daughter.  The simple delights but yet moments I will forever treasure.  blessings.  relationships.  The Lord blessed me with friends who live in the moment and laughter that lasts years beyond.

This past memorial day my family got down in the dirt and planted all 1102 flowers... Yes that is a lot of holes but we have our ways!!  What a pleasure it was to just simply enjoy each sister for an afternoon and evening.  We each had our special "task" but none was more important than the other because everything needed to be done to accomplish the job together correctly.  It brings to mind my Wednesday night bible study discussion.  I learned about spiritual gifts; none is greater but they are all serving the greater purpose to glorify the Lord.  No matter how great or small they are as long as I use the gifts God has given me to glorify him I am serving HIM and living in the moment by not missing an opportunity to bring praise to HIS name and delight HIM by being simply who he created me to be.

As my family faithfully gathers each night out by our fire pit after every busy day, I find myself just simply smiling at the moments we relive over and over.  The laughter never seems to cease the more and more we repeat our stories and moments in life.  We might not always tell them correctly, or perhaps stretch them a little more but it never fails to have everyone laughing.  I am lucky to have people in my life who I have shared incredible moments with in life that have shaped me whether learning to love more, let go, or simply take a deep breath.  Life is a simply amazing journey but keeping my eyes up and knowing I live solely for an audience of ONE allows me to just step back, even when I have lost patience or gotten frustrated and laugh.  Reliving those moments over and over to allow them to last for my lifetime and who knows maybe even generations to come..

No comments:

Post a Comment